Friday, January 4, 2008

New Years Pics

Hey Yall!!! Just wanted to share some photos I took of new years, which was also my baby sister´s first birthday. My host dad went all out. We killed a pig (Im convinced no animal could make more noise while dying), had a pinata, and a nice cake. He even had a cooler filled with ice to keep some icecream that he bought down in town cold.

On Christmas, I got to sing christmas carols in english and spanish, and on new years, we sent off a lot of fire works and burned scarecrows. Ill let the pics do the rest...






These two girls are my neighbors, and I´m probably closer with them then any of the other kids. They are amazingly sweet, soooo cute, all about hanging out with me, and never ask me for things (which is KEY). Their names are Maria and Erica

Host bro isaac, posing as usual, getting ready to make some trouble.


Uncle Abdiel and Uriel, who broke his arm falling off a horse last week.


Host sis Yerri (right) with our neighbor Enida (thinks I should marry her aunt)
Erica and Marias little bro David...he was afraid of the pinata.

Smoking the pork so it will keep all week.



Host dad with the baby...he is a really good papa



Gettin ready to blow out the candles


the pig, after we killed it and removed all the hair


Getting ready to hang the pig


The baby asleep at 4 am, while we are killing the pig for her bday


Me cutting the head off of the pig


Yah. Things are different here.





Love yall!

Steve